This website was created and is maintained by Virtudesk, Inc.
Your privacy is important to Virtudesk, Inc.
Virtudesk, Inc. provides full and/or part time independent virtual assistant (“VA”) services to its Clients.
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Virtudesk, Inc. collects, and the ways in which Virtudesk, Inc. uses that personal information. Virtudesk, Inc. will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any information that you provide remains private and will only be used for purposes stated below.
Personal information collection: Virtudesk, Inc. may collect and use the following kinds of personal information: information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number); information about transactions carried out over this website (including credit card payments); information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the Virtudesk, Inc. services; and any other information that you send to Virtudesk, Inc.
Using personal information Virtudesk, Inc. may use your personal information to: administer this website; enable your access to and use of Virtudesk, Inc. services; publish information about you on the website; collect payments from you; and send you marketing communications. Where Virtudesk, Inc. discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Virtudesk, Inc. may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights. Securing your data Virtudesk, Inc. will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Virtudesk, Inc. will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
We may disclose information about you:
- With an Advertiser whose Digital Properties you have visited: We may share information about how you have interacted with that Advertiser’s Digital Properties or its Ads.
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations (e.g., for example, website and data hosting, fraud prevention, viewability reporting, data hygiene, marketing, and email delivery), as well as billing, collections, tech, customer and operational support.
- With service providers to our Advertisers: Our Advertisers may contract with companies who handle data (such as managing Advertisers’ customer lists) for them.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies: But they will only process your data for the purposes already explained in this Privacy Notice.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Virtudesk, Inc, our Advertisers or any other third party.
- To Comply with legal process: To satisfy in good faith any applicable law, legal process, or proper governmental request, such as to respond to a subpoena (whether civil or criminal) or similar process.
- To Investigate Wrongdoing and Protect Ourselves or Third Parties: To enforce our Terms of Service or other policies or investigate any potential violation of those Terms and policies, any potential violation of the law, or to protect ourselves, our customers, or any third party from any potential harm (whether tangible or intangible).
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale (including during due diligence in preparation for the sale).
Cookies and related technologies
Tracking cookies enable us to identify your device when you move between different Digital Properties, so that we can serve targeted advertising to you.
We may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above. The Advertising Partner cookies dropped will vary depending on who the Advertisers are.
Additionally, we use non-tracking cookies (not unique) to store user decisions in terms of your ad and opt-out choices.
We may drop a third-party partner cookie with value opt-out if you opt-out as described below and an third-party partner consent cookie to track your consent choices.
We may drop a consent cookie that stores the choices you have made regarding data processing and advertising by a third-party partner.
Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
You can opt out of receiving personalized ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the [X] icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt out of on a browser or device and we have more linked to you, we will extend your opt out decision to the other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers on devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
We retain personal data we collect directly for targeting purposes for no more than 12 months, after which time we employ measures to delete it. However, for identifiable data that we hold on behalf of an Advertiser such as their email address list, we will retain until the Advertiser asks us to delete it.
Personal data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes but is anonymized. For example, we retain anonymized impression and click data to ensure we can meet auditing requirements related to services provided or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with law.
Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org