Jan 5, 2021
Legal Virtual Assistant Services
What are Legal Virtual AssistantsAs you may have guessed, legal virtual assistants help small law offices and solo lawyers with their legal work. Legal virtual assistants can be responsible for much of the legal research involved in gathering information about a case, administrative work, marketing including social media management, client intake, client relationship management, and more. They can do everything a legal secretary can do.
What Tasks Can You Delegate to a Legal Virtual AssistantListed below are the most commonly completed tasks a legal virtual assistant can do for lawyers. However, this list is not exhaustive and is generalized for all practices.
- Answering service, answering phone calls
- Email inbox management
- Social media management a. Creating social posts including creating graphics and copywriting b. Scheduling posts on social platforms utilizing social media management tool like Hootsuite or Sprout Social c. Moderating comments and DMs d. Pulling analytics reports for improved social performance e. Finding online groups (e.g. LinkedIn Groups) of like-minded lawyers for you to be a thought leader in f. Schedule blog posts
- Other marketing and promotion
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Client legal intake a. Attracting new leads b. Collecting contact information c. Pre-screening and conflict checking d. Scheduling a consultation e. Collecting information you’ll need for their case f. Getting a fee agreement signed g. New client onboarding
- Legal research a. Gathering information about a case and compiling it into a detailed, standardized report
- Data Entry
- Prepare practice-specialty documents a. Litigation b. Estate planning c. Family Law d. Corporate e. Immigration f. And more
Does a legal virtual assistant have to have a degree?Law offices sometimes require at least an associate’s degree in paralegal studies. Usually, they require some legal experience for legal virtual assistants they hire. It all really depends on the law office and the lawyer who is hiring. Some virtual assistants won’t even need a degree if they are only answering phone calls, managing social media, and doing administrative work. Overall, it depends on the requirements of the practicing office, the tasks a lawyer expects their virtual assistant to do, and how much background knowledge they prefer their virtual assistants to have. At Virtudesk, all of our virtual assistants that work as legal virtual assistants have full bachelor’s degrees in paralegal studies, so you can be confident in your virtual assistant’s knowledge base and skill if you choose to hire from Virtudesk.
Other Names for Legal Virtual AssistantsSometimes, legal virtual assistants can assume many titles. Below, is a list of commonly used titles of legal virtual assistants who are assigned specific roles and tasks. Fore example, a legal intake receptionist would largely be responsible for client intake, and most likely manage little to no social media, legal research transcription, and other tasks.
- Legal Intake Receptionist
- Legal Answering Service
- Paralegal Virtual Assistant
Share this article
Nov 26, 2022
Cost Cuts, Hiring Freezes, and Layoffs: Is Your Company at Risk?
Nov 23, 2022
12 Exciting Tasks Influencers Can Assign To a Virtual Assistant
Nov 16, 2022
7 Tips on How To Build a Social Media Profile That Attracts Potential Clients
Nov 14, 2022
Top 5 Skills Your Tech Virtual Assistant Will Need in 2023
Meet our Most Trusted
Partners & Clients
Rick GarzaBright and Early Productions
I’ll rate Virtudesk 5/5. My experience with Virtudesk was fantastic. I like your follow-ups and consistency is very refreshing and it makes me feel very confident in hiring Virtudesk.
Misti BrutonAVO Realty
We hired a VA because we needed help on recruiting for agents and I am very satisfied with my Virtual Assistant. The experience with Virtudesk is really good and I am really really happy.
One of the reasons why we hire a Virtual Assistant is because a VA can’t walk out my door and take my business. Second, the cost value and the third is, we just had a super well qualified hardworking admin – I am very satisfied with my VA. We are also constantly getting follow-ups to ensure that we are very satisfied.